Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Missionary Schedule

What is it like being a missionary?
6:30 am – Arise, pray, exercise (30 min), and prepare for the day
7:30 am – Breakfast
8:00 am – Personal study
9:00 am – Companion Study
10:00 am – Begin proselyting. This includes finding people and teaching people lessons about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Missionaries may take an hour for lunch and additional study, and an hour for dinner at times during the day.
9:00 pm – Return to living quarters and plan the next day’s activities. Write in journal, prepare for bed, pray.
10:30 pm – Retire to bed.
I will be assigned a companion and an area of my mission by my mission president once I get to L.A . The companion and area can change on 6 week periods called transfers. I could stay in an area or with a companion anywhere from 6 weeks to several months. I must stay with my assigned companion 24 hours a day with few exceptions.
The church owns apartments and cars that I will be using depending on my area. In some areas I could also be on a bike.
We do not watch movies, listen to music (other than religious), watch t.v., watch sports, have a personal cell phone or computer, date, etc. to help us stay focused. Once a week we have a preparation day (nicknamed P-day) in which we take a few hours off to do laundry, clean cars, go grocery shopping, and email home.
Let us know if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment