Saturday, April 13, 2013

fear not, though the ememy deride, courage! for the Lord is on our side :)

April 8, 2013
Hello everyone!
This week was great! Our numbers were up and we got to reconnect with some of our investigators and less actives who we haven't been able to.
General Conference was obviously my highlight. We attended sessions at member's house watching parties with a couple of our investigators. We are getting a new member of our singles ward! Julie will be baptized this weekend. The Chinese elders have been teaching her (for only a few weeks!) and she will be coming to our ward. We are so excited. It all started by her friend messaging her a Mormon Message video on facebook. Speaking of member missionary work, Elder Anderson's talk was (obviously) one of my favorites. All we have to do is invite. "Come and see" is what the Savior said. I loved that he said we can expect miracles in this day. Miracles are happening everyday, even in our little single's and student wards in LA. We just have to recognize them. I have to always remember that this work is not about me. This is the Lord's work, and I have to trust in His timing. I constantly need to be trying to improve and to work harder. So much of it is working effectively and not wasting any time. I am trying to strengthen my faith in the Lord so we can see more miracles in this area. :) Other favorites included President Monson's, President Uchtorf's, Sister Dalton's, and Elder Holland's. Actually, I loved them all. I felt right at home as I listened to the familiar voices teach simply, directly, powerfully and with love. Ah, how can you listen to them and not feel the Spirit testify of truth? The theme of conference seemed to be happiness comes from obedience and within the family. It is so so so true! We are given commandments to bless us and our families. There were a couple of people in particular that we met with this week who have struggled in the obedience department. One looked completely different from when we saw her 6 weeks ago. It was heartbreaking. But! Our Savior is there. With His outstretched hand ALWAYS. We just have to choose to grab it. Faith is an action word. Small everyday acts of obedience brings true, eternal happiness.
Hmm, I for some reason am drawing a blank for this week's email. It was all a busy blur to be honest. Sorry it's a short one!
This work is steadily moving forward :) I'm so humbled by the blessings in my life.
I miss each of you but there is nowhere I'd rather be right now than here. Thanks for your emails, letters, prayers, and love. I truly appreciate any and all of the support.
Pray. Read. Serve others. Have faith. Miracles happen, we just need to look for them.
LOVE YOU!
Sister Atkinson
PS Note from Dawn
Sorry this is late. I am going to add pictures today! If any if you would like to check out the General Conference messages of the church that Sister Atkinson referenced, they can be found at lds.org.


No comments:

Post a Comment