Monday, January 27, 2014

Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold :)


January 27,2014
Hello everyone!
    This week was such a good one!! I didn't really think about what I was going to say ahead of time so here are random highlights from the week!
    -Went to the bike store to buy a basket. Left and looked at the receipt later and realized they charged me $700....... they put the numbers in wrong. And they fixed it :)
    -This mean man at a door told us that young girls like us would have nothing to say to him that he didn't already know. A few hours later, we were listening to a sweet, righteous and humble mother talk about the lessons her young children have taught her. Such a strong contrast in my mind.
    -We run in to people with Mormon connections all the time. The doorman at a fancy apartment complex is less active, or we started to talk to random guy on the street---turns out he was baptized a few months ago and has been struggling or an investigator's friend chased us down the stairs to tell us he went to Weber State [college in Utah] and loves Mormons and wants to talk more about Jesus some time. I'm just so past thinking coincidences are just coincidences. Daily I have experiences that reminds me God is real and is so aware of our individual needs.
    -One man thought we were prostitutes when we asked if we could share a card with him. He was so pathetic, but it was so fascinating that I still wanted him so badly to accept the blessings His Heavenly Father is trying to give Him.
    -We saw a woman (as a pedestrian) get hit by a car. She seemed to be okay externally, but that was a little bit awful. I probably shouldn't send these types of things home, huh? Hopefully my posterity will appreciate it at least.
    - Never contact someone that you start to walk in the same direction as. Homeboy was not interested, but we were walking with him. SO then I asked well "what's your name" to at least make friendly conversation. He replied with a "non-applicable". #notetaken
    -Two leaders from the Missionary Department came. The title of my notes for that day read. "Fancy Leadership Meeting #where'smyipad" But no technology for our mission :( We talked a lot about ways to improve our teaching and helping people who accept baptismal dates actually make it to baptism, and it was super good. A highlight was when we talked about "Do you realize what you're offering? And who you're offering it to?" We are offering the gospel of Jesus Christ. AKA the way to access and use the gift of the Atonement in our lives. And we are offering to God's beloved children. #bestjobever
    -I just love my Sister Rackleff. Tomorrow is her birthday!! A year ago I was decorating our MTC classroom for her and now I'm decorating our living room :) #THEDREAM I love that girl. We can't believe transfers are next week. Meh. I have no idea what will happen, but I would love to stay here. SO MUCH IS HAPPENING. I NEVER WANT TO LEAVE HERE. I have never had so many investigators keep their commitments or just appear into my life. It's like God is hastening His work or something? :) I just love being a missionary. Really. Every day I just pray with so much gratitude that God lets me even be a part of this work.
    Guillame is incredible. He always texts us in His broken English about how much he loves meeting with us and talking about God. We printed off  Watching the Restoration and the Christus in French was super cool. AH! SO cool. Chris, Brandon, Peggy, Tiffany, Tracy, and Greg are some others that could really use some prayers :) We have incredible support from our members here. Miracles are seriously ever. Here's my favorite miracle of the week to finish off with:
    On Saturday, Margie (the recent convert) had a get together dinner party at her house so she could get to know members in the ward and introduce her non-member neighbors to us (I know, I know---she's awesome). She was freaking out about it though, so we went to help her set up the hour before. We set up for about 30 minutes and went to get something from our car. Some people came early and everything was set up (so our job was done) and it didn't start for another 30 minutes. We were on the doorstep about to walk in, when we both looked at each other and knew we couldn't go in. We knew it would be a complete waste of the Lord's time (and that time is something that I realize you just can't get back). So we told them we would be back at 5 when it would start. We just started walking. Literally who does God plop in to our paths? A new investigator. Ted is 59 and so prepared for the gospel. We taught him the Restoration last night and he accepted a baptismal date with quite the enthusiasm. The spirit was so strong in the lesson. Light clicked in his eyes as we talked. He talked how he can feel this is the beginning of a healing process that he has been looking for. He was so giddy when he talked about being part of our congregation?
    Who are these people? What is going on here? Every night I'm just amazed. This truly is the Lord's work. It either is all true or all a lie. And I have seen way too many evidences for it to be the latter.
I love each of you so much. Thank you for the prayers and updates on your lives! Make it a great week!
Sister Atkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment