Tuesday, May 28, 2013

All is well! All is well!

May 28, 2013
Hi all,
Alexandra asked that I post this personal email. Her Grandma Rayma Atkinson passed away yesterday at our home where she had been living for the past 10 weeks. This is what she wrote today upon learning of her death.
Dawn
 
Hey Mom,
President just called me into his office to tell me about Grandma. He gave me time to come back to the computer and email you. I am surprised by how much it hit me. I'm sorry that I won't be able to be there to help you and Dad. How is Dad doing? How are you doing? I wrote you last week about how courageous I thought she was for choosing to stay in this life. President asked me to tell him a little bit about her. And I was surprised by how excited I was to tell him (through my tears of course) that she and grandpa built such a legacy in West Virginia. THEY ARE REUNITED!! HOW JOYOUS!!!! Think about how many lives grandma has saved through genealogy. So many people are so happy to finally hug her and say thanks.

We get to have temple p-day in a couple of weeks, and I am praying now that I will be able to feel their presence. President told me to testify of the plan of salvation as much as possible. Grandma is joining Grandpa in the forces on the other side. She is a missionary now too!!!! I bet she is taking no time to rest and is getting right to work. I need to get right to work, so I can stay focused. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. Please feel free to include this on my blog. Yes, it is harder than I thought right now to be away from family in such a hard time, but I am able to receive so much strength from the atonement right now. And from grandma herself. In my patriarchal blessing it talks about loved ones who have gone before me are very aware of me in this life. I hope I can honor their legacies that they have left me, especially grandma's. I love her. I love you all. SO MUCH. Let me know if I can do anything.

Love,
Alexandra


No comments:

Post a Comment