Wednesday, May 22, 2013

He knows I will follow Him.....give all my life to Him. :)



Hi all, I am late with this post but here it is. Dawn

May 13, 2013
HELLO!
It was so good to see you all yesterday!!! Yay for Skype! (we are allowed to skype home for 40..ish minutes on Mother's day and Christmas) I did such a good job of not crying! I only teared up when Brooklyn said "Wuv you Awi." because she could barely say anything when I left. everyone looks great! especially Ashley and Benjamin! So fun!
This might be a short one. I apologize in advance.

This week was a great one as always. In every lesson or every situation, the topic of faith seemed to come up. I feel like life often pushes us to the brink of what we know, understand, or can handle. And then all we can rely on is faith. I was a little frustrated that Heavenly Father makes us learn my faith this week, haha. But it's the only way we grow. He can't just tell us the answers. Faith helps us figure things out and become more like Him.
The Book of Mormon says faith is not a perfect knowledge, but it is a hope for things which are not seen which are true. When doubts, fears, or trials come we only have faith to rely on. That's why we call it the first principle of the gospel. We must rememberrrrrr the experiences we have had. We must do what we believe is right. Continue in the path we believe in. THEN comes the witness of truth. Does that make sense? The Book of Mormon says the witness comes after the trial of our faith. The Bible says do the will of the Father and thennn you'll understand the doctrine behind it. That's why obedience is really a measure of our faith. We don't know or understand everything. But we trust God and His path. We trust that He knows best and we do what He asks. Then comes the confirmation. I think one of the hardest tests of mortality is learning to walk by faith. But that doesn't mean to be blind. We must stay convicted in the truths we already know.

Sorry, I feel like this is a journal entry that I just didn't have time for this week, haha. Hope that made sense.
We teach people from all backgrounds, but the same truths. It's fascinating to see how the same lesson can relate to all of God's children. We are blessed with people to teach! Dennis and Kent have baptismal dates! yay!! 
I love all of you. So much. Sorry it's so short!! Life is great!! Make good choices! 
Love ,
Sister Atkinson

No comments:

Post a Comment