Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Come help the good work move along; put your shoulder to the wheel!

I am quite late with this one. She wrote it on Wednesday, June 12, 2013. It was the week they get to go to the Los Angeles Temple so their p-day was moved to that day for the week. Dawn
Hello all!
Whew! Extended week because we got to go to the temple this morning!!! So special as always.
caroline! I got your announcement! My companion said that Draper has a really pretty bride's room. I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND DEANNA.

Lets see!
Michael got baptized into our YSA ward this week. Sister Barney and I met him outside the UCLA Institute. [note from Dawn: Institute is a building where the Young Single Adults gather for fun activities and for religious classes] Michael could barely speak English so we referred him to the Chinese speaking Elders and he got baptized sunday! It was cool. Sister Son and I got to do the 'missionary moment' during the service. Which is, basically, while they are changing into dry clothes, we give a spiritual thought and ask for referrals. We talked about how it all started when he heard about Joseph Smith's first prayer. It was really a cool moment for us to testify of the restoration.

Sister Son and I are focusing on finding this transfer. We are getting creative and exploring different parts of our huge area, haha. We have met so many cool people! Everyday we feel like we meet someone that Heavenly Father needs us to. We try to pray with everyone we meet and it's been to cool to see how people can feel the spirit. UCLA's finals are this week and most of our people are leaving for home or internships this summer. :( Some missionaries are about to get some great referrals!! Included are Cosmo (he's from china and believes it's all true!) and Andrew (this new kid we met this week and taught. He's blind and his lesson was sooo cool.) Lots of potentials!! We are teaching so many diverse people. I want to stay in this area forever. Or at least until a few people that I'm particularly close to are baptized. We have helped a lot of our people get to the gate of baptism. but now it's their choice to walk through it. Oh agency---how we have a nice love and hate relationship.
Missions teach you a lot about yourself. Such as I'm more impatient and sassy than I thought I was, hahaha. I feel like I try to change a little bit everyday.
Things are a little crazy because we are about to switch mission presidents!
Sister Son is great! She's just an innocent little lamb and we accidentally drove down West Hollywood during a special event.  I had to tell to shield her eyes like 45 times. Whoops. She says "Oh...wow." or "Culture shock" just about everyday. It's hilarious. Ah, I love serving in Los Angeles.

Hmph, this email is a little lame this week, but my mind is all over the place. It was a great week! I passed my 5 month mark and didn't even notice! HOW IS IT JUNE ALREADY.
Well I love you all! Make it a great week!
 
Sister Atkinson


No comments:

Post a Comment